Digipede Network Professional Edition
Your work is too important to spend time waiting on computers. If you could pool computing resources everywhere from the data center to the desktop, you could complete key projects faster than your competitors. If your employees could harness all your computing resources, they could focus more of their energy on key business problems. You need a system you can roll out across your organization - without consultants or a steep learning curve.
Scalability and Control
The Digipede Network Professional Edition is designed for you. Professional Edition can combine the power of thousands of computers on your most important applications. You can assign compute resources to multiple resource pools (e.g. the Accounting Department pool, the Desktop Only pool, the After Hours pool), and assign priorities to each job. Yet the Professional Edition retains the ease of use required to get started quickly. You can deploy the Professional Edition in stages, adding new Agents and resource pools as your needs grow - all without consultants or deep IT knowledge.
A Real Windows Solution
Professional Edition is built on the Microsoft .NET platform, where most of your computing resources reside. These computing resources may be any combination of servers, dedicated cluster nodes, and shared desktops.
You can define, run, and monitor your jobs with the Digipede Workbench, which has been designed to shorten the learning curve and enable you to become productive with the system immediately. The Workbench features a rich user interface for running distributed computing jobs - unlike other systems that require complex scripting. Wizards assist you in learning and using the system quickly, and powerful designers provide access to greater system functionality. The Workbench allows you to manage complex jobs from parameter sweeps and Monte Carlo analyses to sophisticated searches and simulations--virtually any command-line executable--without rewriting, recompiling, or relinking any code.
For even greater control over your jobs, enhance your applications using the Digipede Framework SDK. For example, with minimal programming behind Microsoft Excel, you can put the computing power of your entire network into your spreadsheets. The Digipede Framework has .NET and COM APIs and plugs directly into Visual Studio, so your developers can continue to use the tools they already know.
The Digipede Network Professional Edition includes:
- One Digipede Server - for managing work flow through the Agents;
- Digipede Agents - for managing each of the computing nodes on your network (an unlimited number of additional Agents, purchased separately, can be added to a Professional Edition installation);
- Digipede Control - the administrative interface through which you can
- Add and delete computers on the Digipede Network;
- Assign computers to different resource pools;
- Administer user privileges; and
- Monitor all jobs on the system.
- The Digipede Workbench - the most intuitive tool available for designing and running distributed computing jobs.
- The Digipede Framework SDK - for building distributed applications or grid-enabling existing applications.