Biotech & Life Sciences
As the biotechnology and life sciences industries grow, their computing needs are increasing at an equally remarkable pace. Algorithms for research and development are so compute-intensive that they often represent significant bottlenecks in the pipeline for many companies and labs. Faster processors alone cannot provide the increased performance needed.
Biotechnology and Life Sciences Thrive with Digipede
Many science organizations now recognize that distributed computing provides the increased throughput required for critical applications. The Digipede Network distributing computing solution was specifically designed to handle the massive computing load typical of computational biology and chemistry. We offer a number of benefits for life sciences organizations:
- Fewer Bottlenecks. Digipede helps eliminate computational bottlenecks in genomic search, ligand docking, protein folding, quantum-mechanical modeling, and other key areas. With the amount of mapped genomic data increasing at a faster rate than processing power, our grid solution is the best way to keep pace.
- Increased Performance at Any Scale. Digipede not only scales up to thousands of nodes, but also scales down to just a handful of CPUs. Even installations of a few dozen nodes deliver order-of-magnitude improvements in application execution. You can demonstrate success quickly in one small lab, and then roll out the Digipede Network to additional groups or your entire organization with confidence.
- Greater Productivity. We enable you to focus on research challenges and business opportunities instead of wasting limited IT and development resources on application-specific compute farms. Gain an advantage over the competition by helping your team to be more productive.
- Intelligent Data Handling. The Digipede Network provides tools for intelligent partitioning, staging, versioning, and caching of datasets, all within a consistent user interface. Many other distributed computing solutions provide little or no capabilities for handling the large datasets inherent in such analysis.
- Easy Implementation and Learning Curve. Unlike traditional grid computing solutions, the Digipede Network can be implemented quickly and with no exotic technical expertise. Resource-conscious IT Departments have never had such a hassle-free experience. Once you're up and running, there's no need for complex external scripting and other preparations. Your researchers can define and execute jobs quickly and efficiently.
- Real-World Proven. Digipede is proven in the real world. Read our customer case study about the Friedrich Miescher Institute (FMI), part of the Novartis Research Foundation.
- Positive, Fast ROI. Improved application performance leads directly to a better competitive position as well as cost savings. The Digipede Network allows you to tap into your existing source of computing power at a dramatically lower total cost of ownership than alternate solutions. These savings are not only in reduced hardware expenses, but also in lower ongoing IT operation and maintenance costs.
- Pure .NET. The Digipede Network is built entirely on Microsoft .NET and integrates deeply into multiple points of Microsoft's stack. Our API provides access to all the capabilities of the Digipede Network through the tools you already know in Visual Studio. Digipede is a founding member of the BioIT Alliance.
- Solid Legacy Support. Digipede's Intelligent Agents manage the execution of your existing applications, with no need to convert or recompile code.
- Rapid New Application Deployment. 100% Microsoft .NET architecture allows your team to use the highest-productivity development tools available for new projects. Support for Grid and Web Services standards allows you to shorten application integration projects.
Contact Us to Learn More
To learn how biotechnology ventures and life sciences institutes have benefited from the Digipede Network, please contact us. We'll be glad to discuss your organization's particular objectives and technical infrastructure, and then recommend best next steps.